Last modified: Jan 10, 2012
User Provided Information: We ask for and store certain information about you when you create an account on the Website. We use the information you so provide to us to create your Website account. We may also use this information to contact you for administrative purposes, for responding to user inquiries, for investigating abuse on the Website or through the Services, and for enforcing the Agreement, or to comply with applicable law. You may provide certain personal data to Mobicage when choosing to participate in various of the Services (e.g. by completing your public user profile; by providing feedback regarding the Website and/or the Services) (your “Public Content”). Please note that if you include personal data in your Public Content, such data may be viewed and used by others. We therefore encourage you to use common sense when revealing personal data through the Services. Mobicage does not accept any responsibility in respect of information you choose to include in your Public Content. We invite you to provide us with feedback, or to ask questions about the Website and the Services, and the Website allows you to file complaints regarding the Website or the Services. We may store your communications in this respect, including any personal data you include in them, and use such information for any purpose, including so that we can effectively respond to you.
Location Information: Mobicage may provide certain Services through your mobile device (when using the Rogerthat mobile application) that rely upon location information. Those Services are optional and require your explicit consent. To provide such location reliant Services, subject to your explicit consent, Mobicage may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your location information, including the real-time geographic location of your mobile device, and location search queries.With whom is your information shared by us?
- Information shared with third party advertisers: We may allow third-party ad servers or ad networks to serve advertisements on the Website and within the Services. Mobicage will however not provide any personal data to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent.
- Information shared when using the scanning option: To the extent you use the scanning option (i.e. using your phone for scanning codes), personal information will be shared to the third party service provider to which the scanned code relates, including your identity, your language, telephone number, name and time of the scan.
- Information shared with potential partners and investors: information so shared will be anonymous and will be shared only for statistical purposes.
- Mobicage may share your personal data in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal, regulatory or judiciary process; to establish, enforce or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law or binding order.
- Mobicage reserves the right to share your personal data when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Mobicage, the Website or the Services, our users, or others, and to enforce the Agreement.
- In the event of a corporate transaction involving Mobicage (e.g. an acquisition or merger), we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you to the extent necessary for the purposes of such transaction. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal data is treated, transferred, or used.
- If you post Content (including your Public Content) for public view on the Website or through the Services, we may distribute such Content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own websites and media platforms. We may ask them – but they shall be under no obligation – to credit you as the source of these contributions by including your account name.Is your personal information secure?
Your Mobicage account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal data available through your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, by limiting access to your computer or other devices used to access the Website and the Services and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. You must not share your account details with third parties.
We want you to feel confident about using the Website and the Services, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is however 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or that it will not be intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons. You acknowledge and agree that we cannot fully eliminate risks in this respect. Unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors outside of Mobicage’s reasonable control, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Mobicage uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal data. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Mobicage and you do so at your own risk. If Mobicage learns of a security systems breach in respect of the Website or the Services, it may post a notice on the Website to notify you thereof.
You have the right to access your personal data that are held by Mobicage and have them corrected, updated or deleted by Mobicage, and to request a copy of your personal data held by Mobicage, by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, which request is to be accompanied with a signed copy of an official means of identification (e.g. identity card or passport). You can change your profile settings by logging into your account and updating your profile on the Website.How to delete your account
Should you ever decide to deactivate your Mobicage account, please send an email to email@example.com, explicitly requesting for your account to be deactivated, which request is to be accompanied with a signed copy of an official means of identification (e.g. identity card or passport). If you terminate your account, your profile, including your check-in history will be removed from the site and deleted from Mobicage's servers, except that Mobicage shall be entitled to retain such information as permitted or required under applicable law. When deleting your account, you will no longer be able to sign in or access any of your personal data through the Services. However, except as otherwise stated herein, you can open a new account at any time.Warranties
You warrant that the personal data submitted by you through means of the Website and the Services are accurate, current and complete, and you acknowledge and agree that we are under no obligation to verify the accuracy, currency or completeness of any personal data you make available. We cannot be held responsible or liable towards you, including in respect of third-party claims made against you, based on our processing of incorrect personal data or third-party data which you submitted.
You agree to promptly notify us upon becoming aware that any of the warranties set out herein are not or no longer correct. You will be liable for and indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs and attorneys’ fees), damages and liabilities suffered and incurred by us, including as a result of any third-party claim, as a result of your breach of any of the warranties set out herein.
Without prejudice to any other remedies or sanctions available to us, and without being limitative, we shall be entitled to close or suspend your account, without having to provide any justification and without liability on our part, if we believe, at our sole discretion, (i) that you are acting or have acted in breach of the warranties set out herein, or (ii) that any (further) processing by us of the personal data submitted by you could result in a breach of applicable law, or (iii) at the request of a third party or in response to a court or legal order.Transfer of personal data